Wednesday, October 25, 2006

How's the Weather?

(Click on image to enlarge)

I'm a weather freak.

There, I've admitted it. I am a freakin' weather freak! Always have been, always will be.

I remember sitting on the front porch of our home on Cumberland Road with my son Christian watching an incredible storm when our house was hit by lightning. I loved it. I remember snow storms in Central Illinois during college when Kirk and I would drive through rural Illinois looking for folks who needed help because they were stuck or had slid off the road. I loved it. I remember waking in the middle of the night in Homewood, Illinois and hearing the hush that had fallen over the world after the first snow of the season, the only sound the crunch of the tires from the lone car going down Jonathan Lane. I loved it.

Give me a cup of coffee, a front porch, and a nor'easter blowing in. Or, give me a comfortable couch, The Weather Channel, and a hurricane getting ready to make landfall. Lightning, thunder, rain, wind, these are a few of my favorite things.

Do you have any idea how boring the weather in a desert is?

Hot, sunny, windy. To be followed by hot, dark, and windy (we call that "night") to be followed by hot, sunny, windy. Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad nauseam.

But today, today we had rain! And a double rainbow! A little variety in our life. It will help keep me going another week.

God Bless,

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home