Thursday, April 26, 2007

Going, Going, Gone!

After quite a while on the market, we finally sold our home! I have some fond memories of cooking on my smoker, listening to some music from the two in-ground speakers, and listening to the birds at our five bird feeders in the back yard.


And although I spent less time there, I do remember a few thunderstorms I watched with candles blowing in the wind on the great rocking chair front porch.



My wife was a real trooper in getting a lot of stuff packed up, dealing with our realtor and friend, and attending the closing. The house sold to a young couple getting married in a few weeks. I hope they will make some great memories here.

In three months or so it will be on to the next chapter in our life! And yes, I do know where I will be living and what congregation I will be serving. I'll let you know more about it and post some pictures after the official announcement is made.

4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Flag Gazer said...

Beautiful home - I hope that it is a great home for the newlyweds, not just a house!

Look forward to the new chapters!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger commander said...

Hear you are moving to the suburbs-Powder Springs that is.

Welcome aboard

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger runmommy said...

Our SS class heard the GREAT news this morning. A "calm" came over me. My husband is ret. USMC (FA-18), flew Desert Storm missions. Now Delta and Powder Springs are "home". You will love the congregation, they will love you.
Welcome!!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jim Higgins said...

Thank you, both runmommy and commander. I am very excited about my new appointment - I'm thinking 25 years would be a good tenure; that will get me to retirement.

I have known of this congregation's ministry since I served in the area from 1983-1987, and it has a tremendous history.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thank you both for your kind words of welcome.

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home