Friday, December 22, 2006

TV Star? NOT!

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in a long staff meeting when CPL Mike Swintek, my Chaplain Assistant, came in the room and motioned for me to come out. "Sir, the PAO just called and needs you on the other side for a 1530 live shot back to Atlanta." I looked at my watch and saw that I had 25 minutes to make a 20 minute drive, get wired for sound, and start the shot. So, I jumped in my humvee, bruised a few traffic laws, and got to the PAO (Public Affairs Officer) just in time. In the hurry the earbud was set up incorrectly and I was hearing what I was saying 5-10 seconds after I said it.

After the interview I discovered that Pam and my friends back home already knew about it. Apparently, the PAO had tried to get in touch with me on Wednesday, but I had spent the day in Baghdad and most of Thursday visiting troops or in meetings. I am not sure what he would have done if I had been a no-show.

Anyway, it was fun talking to the folks I usually watch every morning when I'm in Atlanta at Fox 5. Click on the link below if you want to see me make a fool of myself.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=1847468&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger the said...

Hey Jim, connected to your blog via Ch Mitch Lewis' son, Drew. Thanks for your service in Iraq. I was there through a couple of Christmases a few years back. I understand the whole thing with generators, solitude, casualties and the day in and day out humdrum. Keep at it and hang tough. Our prayers are with you and with all of your fellow chaplains and soldiers. Peace at this time +

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger lpeterson said...

yet another Christmas gift to see this video of you. our church is STILL collecting stuff to send to you...hope you have a place for everything! Merry Christmas to you and your staff....we continue to pray for you.
linda peterson
grace UMC
salisbury, NC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home