Sunday, April 29, 2007

Charlie Med

If you are a regular reader of this blog you know that one of our missions here is Medevac. Our FSMT's (Forward Support Medevac and Taxi) are located throughout Iraq, which gives me a chance to travel and see folks who I consider true heroes. One of our Medevac companies is located here on Anaconda. A previous post talks about the study "Quest for Authentic Manhood" that I am leading there.





While I was visiting there a while ago one of the Soldiers asked if I could come out and serve communion. Because of the nature of their mission it is difficult for some of them to make it to chapel services at Freedom Chapel. I told her I would do her one better - that if she would round the folks up I would provide a worship service there each Sunday afternoon. So, for the past month, I have been going out to Charlie Company and leading a service and serving communion.



Photo courtesy of US Army

The tree in the background is a "Holiday Tree". It started as a Christmas Tree, then it was a New Year's Tree. In February it was a Valentine's Day Tree, then in March it was a St. Patrick's Day Tree (it's green, right?). I guess in April it was an Earth Day Tree and in May it will be a Mother's Day Tree. That's my Chaplain Assistant assisting me with communion.


Photo Courtesy of US Army

Pictured above is the Charlie Company Commander. He is a great guy and has become a good friend; one of those folks I plan on staying connected with after the deployment. He has been an active participant in our services going back to our six months at Ft. Hood and is also a part of our Manhood study. He's the kind of Commander I would go to war with anytime.

This service is quite intimate. We meet in the coffee shop they have set up. The worshipers sit on couches while I sit on a bar stool. We usually start the services whenever I feel the Spirit move, or whenever I finish my cup of coffee! It's just a nice, relaxed, worshipful atmosphere for all of us.


4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're counting the days just as you are and pray for the safe return for all of our troops.

Jack

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger The Elder Family said...

Are you using any particular study material for the Manhood study or is it something that you are developing?

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for men llike you and our fellow soliders. You are continually in my prayers. I served in the U.S. Army, and hava great love all fellow soilders. May God the Father continue to watch over those in harms way tonight.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a Corpman with C Co./ 3rd Med Bn., Khe Sanh, R.V.N...way back in the dark ages of 67-68...didn't know the unit designation was in use today..God bless all of you and may He keep you safe until you're back in the loving arms of family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home