Monday, April 30, 2007

Welcome!

(click to enlarge)
Photo Courtesy of US Army

I was playing a hunch this morning, so I checked the Stat Counter for this blog. The number of hits and new visitors has more than tripled in the last 10 days; especially since Sunday. And the hits all seem to be coming from the same area of Atlanta. Hmmm, who could they possibly be?

So, to all the folks who will be my new church family - welcome! I cannot even begin to express the excitement I feel about coming to serve the Lord with you. I have known of your ministry since I was in seminary from 1983-1986. It is with great gratitude to Christ and the bishop that I come to share in the incredible ministry you have built.

I know that we are really not supposed to have contact with one another until the official announcement on 20 May, but I also know that the word is out. So, feel free to email me at jim.higgins@us.army.mil Also please know that I have the greatest love and respect for Robin, and will not overstep my bounds or usurp his authority - he is still your pastor, and I know and honor that.

Until we meet face to face, please know that you are in my prayers daily.

God Bless,

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home