Saturday, May 05, 2007

I AM an American Soldier

Courtesy of US Army

Several days ago we were waiting for a visiting dignitary when our PAO snapped this shot. The words on the T-barriers behind me are part of The Soldier's Creed. In full the creed reads,

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough,
trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy
the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

6 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Flag Gazer said...

I can't ever read that without getting chills and being filled with admiration for those who follow it.

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray more people come to undestand this..

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad Harry Reid doesn't read that...actually it's too bad he was not in the Army! Maybe we should demand that our leaders have military experience before electing them!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Sarge Charlie said...

You sir are a great American

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

nancy pelosi needs to read it too!

smiles, bee

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir, my son is also AN AMERICAN SOLDIER I am proud to say as the saying goes-I made him strong aand the ARMY made him ARMY strong. I pray for all our Soldiers safety and their safe return. A NATION THAT FORGETS IT HEROS SOON WILL BE FORGOTEN-every person serving this grat country is a HERO in my eyes.Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home