Monday, June 18, 2007

No More Boxes!

Since November I have received over 2,000 boxes valued at over $100,000 to share with the Soldiers here. You have inundated us with beef jerky, twizzlers, shampoo, dvd's and a host of other items. On behalf of all the guys and gals here, THANK YOU!

However, my time here is short. We are told to cut off mail 30 days out, and I am near that magic number, Lord willing. So, my time now will be spent packing up, shipping things home, and preparing things for the Chaplain who will follow me. If you want to send more boxes, email me at jim.higgins@us.army.mil and I will give you the name and mailing address for a chaplain who can receive your items after 1 SEP.

On another note, the article that appears below entitled "Soldiers" has certainly made the rounds. I am receiving emails from all over the world about the piece. The Sergeant Major of the Army, Kenneth Preston has received it, as have GEN's Casey and Cody. Thanks for sharing it with your friends.

I will continuing posting to this blog as I am able during my time remaining here, and as I transition through Kuwait and the States. Thanks for taking the time over the past year to read it, and especially for your comments.

6 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you - for so many things - for caring for our young men and women, for sharing the stories with us, for your service to our country. We will ever be grateful. You will always be in our prayers!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Sarge Charlie said...

God's speed on the way home Padre, I know the folks back home are looking forward to your return.....

I am pleased to know the soldiers are getting love from home. Miss Bee and I have sent about 40 boxes......

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Hey Jim,

I'm a slow person -- you are the Jim Higgins my little church (New Hope UMC) prays for every Sunday.

I was a fixin' to send you some boxes...

Just made the connection -- I'm a dweeb.

Theresa

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Melissa Murphy said...

Thank you SO much for serving!! And I LOVED that "Soldier" post.

VERY good. Goosebumps all over!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Kayli Marie said...

Thank you for serving! I too liked the "Soldiers" blog! I think my eyes got about as big as golf balls. Reading the soldiers blog is the very reason I don't watch the news...they never tell about the "good" and "inspiring" things that are happening.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog. I worshipped at Freedom Chapel 2005-2006 when I served as a DOD civilian at Balad. I led a ladies Bible study in the "upper room" while there and I never felt closer to God. (The upper room also doubled as a poker room!). God revealed Himself in so many ways, especially during the Sunday night baptisms in Chaplain Wilson's horse trough. I am preparing to return and I hope to find myself once again in worship at Freedom Chapel. Reading your blog excites me about going back to serve our military men and women and I pray that God can use me in service to Him once again. God bless you as you return home to your new Christian service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home