Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bronze Star



To all who shall see these presents, greeting: This is to certify that the President of the United States of America authorized by Executive Order, 24 August 1962 has awarded
The Bronze Star Medal
Major James B. Higgins, United States Army
For exceptionally meritorious service during operation Iraqi Freedom. His outstanding dedication to duty during combat operations in Iraq contributed to the overwhelming success of the command’s mission. His actions are in keeping with the finest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon him, Multi-National Corps-Iraq, and the United States Army.
From 30 August 2006 to 14 August 2007
Given by my hand in the City of Washington
This 15th day of June 2007
Raymond T. Odierno
Lieutenant General, USA
Commanding
PO 166-020, 15 June 2007
It has been awhile since I have posted due to my schedule, and trying to get to a computer that will allow me to post to my blog. The good news is that my delay has been in large part to wrapping things up here. This week I will leave for Kuwait, and, Lord willing, by this time next week I will be at Ft. Hood. The next stop after that is home!
I'll keep you apprised.

13 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That brings tears to my eyes! Safe travels! Congrats, you definitely earned it!

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post to end your tour. You have so much to be proud of. We are all anxious for you to be home... Growing your hair out for your return to civilian life???

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Congratulations on the commendation sir. Blessings to you as you begin your new ministry and thank you for your service.

Robert Olson

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Common Man said...

Jimmo:

A most hearty congratulations and God speed home to Pam and the kids. We'll be looking forward to a visit from you once you get back stateside.

Smirko

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chaplain! I'm headed to your current location in a few weeks, and hope to carry on in your footsteps as a BN CH. God bless in the coming days and weeks, and our prayers are with you for a safe journey, and meaningful reintegration with your loved ones and your new church.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Flag Gazer said...

Congratulations on the meritorious award of the Bronze Star!

Hope your stay in Kuwait is SHORT!!!

May God Speed your travels.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Scoot said...

Bo told me in Sunday School yesterday about the Bronze Star!
Congratulations! I know you're ready to come home and I know that your family is SO ready for it also. Your new church family is anxious to meet you but we all understand who comes first. Safe travels and Happy Reunions!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,

Congrats! On your Bronze Star what and honor we are proud of you.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Proud Army Mom

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger rocksalive777 said...

Hooah!

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Jim is on the way Home!!! Pam just called me to tell me to read the Blog! I am sooo excited! I had already planned to go to the house on Sat. and unpack your clothes and do laundry!!! Maybe I ought to go tomorrow (Firday )

God Speed, traveling mercies etc.

Emily

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Sarge Charlie said...

Congratulations Sir, you got it the old fashioned way, you earned it.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chaplain,

Your Letter from the Desert regarding the Star Spangled Banner reached my desk today. I liked it so well I created a web page out of it. www.UtVet.com/Higgins.html

I hope you will drop by and tell me how you like it.

Thanks for your service to the nation. God bless America!

Andrew Wilson

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is simply matchless :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home